2015/16 Budget: Building better roads and infrastructure
The State Budget includes more than $10 billion for infrastructure projects to keep building South Australia – supporting around 4,700 jobs.
- $1.4 billion to deliver safer and better roads across the State, including the South Road Torrens to Torrens and Darlington upgrades
- $353 million on upgrading our public transport network
- $216 million on education facilities and
- $197 million on a new Adelaide Festival Plaza precinct.
The critical road funding will provide for more than 150 road upgrades throughout the State including the following rehabilitation and resealing projects which will start immediately:
- Goodwood Road - about 600m between Florence and Mitchell streets
- Waterloo Corner Road - almost 2km from Whites Rd to Lawrie St
- RM Williams Way - about 6km between Spalding and Hutt River
- Happy Valley Drive - almost 1km from Manning Rd to Windebanks Rd
- Copper Coast Highway - about 17km west of Paskeville Daws Road – about 800 metres from Winston Ave to Goodwood Rd and
- Main South Road - more than 1km between Myponga and Yankalilla.